• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Handy for adapted lenses

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
My first digital camera in the mid to late 1990's was an Olympus which had the ability to record a brief audio message attached to the still images it recorded.

I could record information pertaining to an image and save that with the image. Handy for identifying subjects and places, etc....

However now, the audio snippet would really be of great use when I am shooting with Legacy lenses. These lenses do not submit any information to the camera but, with an audio snippet, I could record what lens I used as well as the f/stop used.

• Agree
Reactions: WNG

Thad E Ginathom

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I had a "superzoom" that could do that. I used it occasionally for recording the birdsong that went with the bird pic.

Ad Dieleman

Amateur
My first digital camera in the mid to late 1990's was an Olympus which had the ability to record a brief audio message attached to the still images it recorded.

I could record information pertaining to an image and save that with the image. Handy for identifying subjects and places, etc....

However now, the audio snippet would really be of great use when I am shooting with Legacy lenses. These lenses do not submit any information to the camera but, with an audio snippet, I could record what lens I used as well as the f/stop used.
I heard the other day that the A9 Mark II can do that.

Latest threads

Top Bottom