• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Not much Film love around here?

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
DSC06742 (2).JPG
ILCE-7M2    ----    0mm    f/1.0    1/800s    ISO 100
DSC06740 (2).JPG
ILCE-7M2    ----    0mm    f/1.0    1/320s    ISO 100

I think my gamble paid off!

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I'm grinning ear to ear! I think I have a winner here.
I love it when a plan comes together.
From the looks of the blades, there's only one that has a lot of oil on one edge of it. That was probably what was holding up the works.

Brownie

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Tim
May be short term. It's not a matter or warm or cold. It's a matter of it being where it's not supposed to be. In order for aperture blades and mechanical shutters to work properly, then must be clean, dry, and free of any foreign matter. Of course there's also a chance they were just stuck and you'll never have an issue going forward.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
You're right. Since I'm not using it in a fashion where it has to 'snap' down to the needed aperture I think I'm home free.
This lens 'feels' like it's brand new compared to my old one.
DSC06743.JPG
ILCE-7M2    ----    0mm    f/1.0    2.5s    ISO 100
DSC06745.JPG
ILCE-7M2    ----    0mm    f/1.0    1/3s    ISO 100

f16 vs f5.6

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
IMG_0294.JPG
Canon PowerShot SD1000       6mm    f/2.8    1/13s    ISO 200

Here's what I'm dealing with on the blades.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Meter seems to be working on the camera body too.
I'm debating putting it up on Craig's List or just putting it in my cabinet with the others.
Not sure I want to sell the old lens either.

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
On the A9...
DSC01465 (Large).JPG
ILCE-9    ----    0mm    f/1.0    1/5000s    ISO 1600

Brownie

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Meter seems to be working on the camera body too.
I'm debating putting it up on Craig's List or just putting it in my cabinet with the others.
Not sure I want to sell the old lens either.
Well it's not like you'll get rich from the sale, so if space isn't an issue...Why not?

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I think I'd like to give someone else the pleasure of using this camera. All it would need are light seals and I think it'd work just fine.
It's pretty clean inside (I haven't even wiped it out at all) and there's no wear marks on the pressure plate from film going across it.
DSC01469 (2).JPG
ILCE-9    FE 28mm F2    28mm    f/2.8    1/160s    ISO 1600

Brownie

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Tim
This was in that pile of stuff I bought. It was filthy. No lens cap, fortunately the old owner at least had a 1A filter on it. It got a good scrubbing with alcohol and an old toothbrush, plus leather care, etc. Cleaned up it looks brand new. A fresh set of batteries and I've already fired off a few shots of some expired Fuji 200.
X-370.jpg
Apple    iPhone 8 Plus back dual camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/15s    ISO 40

I stopped by my local camera shop today to check on some Polaroid film, and they had one just like it on the shelf for $149.99, one penny less than I paid for the whole lot! If I decide to sell it and get half that I'd be happy.

Brownie

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Here you go @AlwaysOnAuto !

This was in the same bunch with the X-370. It's a 135/2.8 by "Aragon" Minolta mount. I brought it along today to test it out, having done nothing more than look at it. I figured I'd give the glass a wipe before I took any photos. When I did I noticed that there was something inside the glass, maybe crud or fungus, it looked hazy. Just for the helluvit I gave the bezel and twist, and it came off. So, during lunch today I decided to see how far I could get. The ring that's supposed to need a spanner to loosen also came off with a frim grip, and the elements started coming out. I was able to get to the inside of the rear glass to clean it through the open aperture.

As easy as it came apart someone had to have been inside before, probably trying to fix the zoom ring which has enough rattle to change the focus if you allow it to move. That's probably what the crud was from on the elements too, just schmutz from someone playing around inside. Got it back together and it looks fine, I'll try and sort out the rattle-y zoom ring at home, it will likely need the next level of disassembly to get to it.

IMG_0675.jpg
Apple    iPhone 8 Plus back dual camera 3.99mm f/1.8    4mm    f/1.8    1/24s    ISO 40

Latest threads

Top Bottom