• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Old hardware store in Templeton CA

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
My brother is moving to Templeton and I've been helping get the new place ready to live in. While we were at lunch the other day, I noticed an old hardware store across the street from the restaurant where we were eating. I asked if he'd ever been there. He hadn't so we mosied on over to check it out after finishing our lunch. It is an old fashioned hardware store that reminded us of the old one in Santa Monica where we grew up. I'll do a photo shoot of the town and include this store in it when I get the time after he moves in. But I wanted to share a picture I took of the time lock on the old safe they had inside the store. As an ex-machinist, I have an appreciation for the work that goes into something like this.

TimeLockMech3.jpg
ILCE-7M3       28mm    f/2.8    1/160s    ISO 1600

They also had a collection of old tools sitting in one of their front windows.
OldTools.jpg
ILCE-7M3       28mm    f/4.0    1/160s    ISO 160

This is the kind of store places like Home Depot and Lowes have tried to put out of business. I don't think there is anything you couldn't buy at this store or at least have them get it for you.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount All-Pro
I do business at a small local hardware store and it is amazing the selection that they have and the personal service that they provide. I stopped off there today to get one 3/8 x 16 bolt - one and a half inches long. This was a 24-cent purchase but, the owner went onto the floor and located the bolt for me.

• Agree
Reactions: WNG

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Same here, local family-owned place. Everyone there (including the owner) is very helpful for clueless people like me, even for the odd bolt, nut, screw, whatever. I don't know how they can keep all that stuff on hand, I would not think there is enough volume. But they always seem to have whatever I need.

Reactions: WNG

Latest threads

Top Bottom