• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Park Walk. First real shooting with my A6400

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
So I've had my A6400 for a couple of weeks now and this was the first time taking it out. Used with the 18-135mm

DSC03921.jpg
   ---            

DSC03923.jpg
   ---            

DSC03927.jpg
   ---            

DSC03937.jpg
   ---            

DSC03934.jpg
   ---            

DSC03931.jpg
   ---            

DSC03939.jpg
   ---            

DSC03941.jpg
   ---            

DSC03944.jpg
   ---            

DSC03942.jpg
   ---            

Attachments

• DSC03939.jpg
    DSC03939.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

mnhoj

TalkEmount Veteran
I agree. Looks good Dave.
Also curious about how you like the 18-135.
I've read good things about it.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Looks like you're getting along fine with it Dave.

I've had NEX/E-Mount from the beginning. I had always wanted to get into serious photography but the weight and cost scared me off. When I saw the first NEX-3/5 I was hooked.

But there were always compromises. AF was a bit slow and not always accurate. The lens selection was limited for quite a while. There was no viewfinder. The hotshoe was not a regular hotshoe for a while. But the idea of a compact body that was extremely portable kept me going.

Now with my A6400, I don't feel the need to justify anything. AF is stellar. Lenses are plentiful, especially with Sigmas and MF older lenses. The viewfinder is great and we have a regular hotshoe, (thank you for switching over).

Now, the battery could be better and the touchscreen could be useful all the time and I wish the screen was fully articulate but none of these are killers for me

As a weekend Dad shooter, I'm finally fully happy, no longer have body envy and plan on having my A6400 for many years. Now if I can stop looking at lenses.

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
I agree. Looks good Dave.
Also curious about how you like the 18-135.
I've read good things about it.
As an everyday lens, it is wonderful. A great range, great AF and nice image quality. And it is a great price. I got mine for $400.

The biggest downside is, of course, the F-Stop. If it was better, it would never come off.

Latest threads

Top Bottom