• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

The Shack

olli

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
olli
This little shack? (not sure what to call it but it's the one on the right) is home to the local carpenter who works in the building on the left. A lot of his work is making coffins and I often see someone pull up and then head off with a brand new casket strapped to the roof. He doesn't speak English and I speak little Georgian but he always nods when I go by and shares his beer when visitors are there. With cha-cha (Georgian moonshine) season just starting I'm sure I'll get invited to sample a drop someday soon.

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Very simple and yet very effective image that gives the viewer the specific atmosphere of the environs.

Travisennis

TalkEmount Veteran
Olli, sometimes images are greatly enhanced by some background and some context and this image certainly falls into that category. I looked at this image for quite time thinking about the man and his life. I think this photo could be the start of a wonderful photo essay. I'd like to see a portrait of him and an image of him at his work, perhaps loading one of the coffins he builds. There is a lot of potential here. I love the idea of photo essays, but I have not embarked on one myself. This image is encouraging me to want to try. Thanks for sharing.

olli

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
olli
Thanks all. Heather, the concept of a bottle bank hasn't quite reached Georgia so I spend a lot of time steering my dog safely through the piles of broken glass.

Travis, I've thought about some kind of photo essay many times but I've never managed it yet. Like you, I like the idea od a photo essay but I think it is something that is difficult to pull off successfully. Perhaps next time after a few beers I might take a few shots if I'm still able.:)

Latest threads

Top Bottom